Classes that Integrate Material Culture with Textual Studies or History
Jewish Studies Classes
- Graduate Seminar, Jewish Atlantic World (Spring 2013). University of Utrecht. Laura Leibman coming soon
- MALS 507: Jewish Atlantic World (Summer 2010). Reed College. Laura Leibman
American Studies Classes
- American Studies Seminar: The Death of Satan (Spring 2007, Spring 2012). Reed College. Laura Leibman
- American Studies Seminar–The End of the World as They Knew It (Spring 2001). Reed College Laura Arnold (Leibman)
- MALS 524: Cultures in Contact (Summer 2006). Reed College. Laura Leibman
Western Humanities Classes
Primarily Material Culture Classes
- Houses and Their Furnishings in Early America. Brown University. Robert Emlen.
- Gravestones and Burying Grounds. Brown University. Robert Emlen.
- Performing Texts: Music, Liturgy & Jewish Life. University of California, Berkeley. Francesco Spagnolo.
- Jewish Images, Imagining Jews. Haverford College. Kenneth Koltun-Fromm.
- American Jews and the Media. Rutgers University. Jeffrey Shandler
- Art, Religion, & Material Culture in America. IUPUI. Douglas L. Winiarski.
- Art, Artifacts, and History. Ellen Smith. Brandeis University.
- Religion and Materiality. David Morgan, Duke University
- Jewish Space. Margaret Olin, Yale University
- Reading the Visual Culture of American Religions. Sally Promey, Yale University.
- Religious Visual and Material Culture. Judith Weisenfeld, Princeton University
- Studies in American Material Culture. Seth C. Bruggeman. Temple University